1. Your customers most likely own and use mobile devices. Actually more than 90% of the US population own one of these personal hip-pocket computers.
2. Mobile data usage continues to grow like wildfire. According to comScore, nearly two-thirds of mobile subscribers text and many those subscribers say that being able to text is more important than being able to make a phone call.
3. Mobile Internet usage continues its rapid rise and is showing no signs of slowing down. eMarketer reports that there are nearly 85 million US mobile Internet users.
4. Complete SmartPhone takeover is only a matter of time inevitably making the once cool pre-smartphone phones forever obsolete.
5. Mobile is designed to be the most integrated marketing medium in history. Mobile has the power to integrate online, TV, radio, print, social media, etc. together and since these mobile devices are always on, 100% portable and accessible pretty much anywhere, mobile truly is unlike any other form of media ever created.
6. Mobile is perfect for branding for the following reasons: deep engagement, minimal ad clutter and new and constantly evolving advertising experiences.
7. Mobile marketing can be used in “ANY” vertical to fulfill “ANY” goal. For example, mobile can be used to send coupons through text message campaigns. You can use mobile web to brand through online video or mobile display ads. Mobile marketing is even used by retailers trying to drive consumers to a store or launch a new product line.
The 7 reasons listed above suggest that we’re now at the point where mobile usage is big enough for it to be considered a legitimate marketing platform for any kind of local businesses and at the current growth rate, the mobile web will without a doubt challenge and ultimately surpass Internet usage.
This means local businesses must fundamentally change how they stay visible and continue to build relationships with their target audiences. One of the smartest decisions local businesses can make right now when it comes to this mobile explosion is to simply get involved; there’s too much opportunity to ignore.